Today my mind wandered to the proposed sequel to ‘Batman and Robin’ that was in the works until ‘B&R’ tanked and killed the Bat-franchise for eight years. It was to be called ‘Batman Triumphant’ and feature Harley Quinn (the Joker’s daughter in this one) and The Scarecrow. Â Madonna was actually rumored to be up for the part of Harley, a fact that on it’s own makes me glad this movie was never made.
It also got me thinking about the worst comic movies ever. Which are:
– Batman and Robin- The tag team of Joel Schumacher and George Clooney destroyed the franchise with this steaming pile of Bat-turd. Â The only thing I liked was that Uma Thurman was kind of hot as Poison Ivy.
– Superman IV: The Quest For Peace- The end of the Christopher Reeve films. Â It was essentially Superman vs. nuclear weapons (and a generic villain named Nuclear Man). Â It was just awful.
– Captain America- A bad made-for-DVD movie featuring an Italian Red Skull and a Captain America with rubber ears.
– Nick Fury: Agent of Shield- That’s right. The most badass super-spy of all time as played by David Hasslehoff!
– Generation X- A made for TV adaptation of the Marvel comic. It took two of my favorite characters (Jubilee and Emma Frost) and made them extremely uninteresting. Â Not even the presence of the usually great Matt Frewer could save this one.