So lately (after reading Chris Jericho’s new book) I’ve become enamored with wrestling all over again. Â So in honor of that, here are my top favorite tag teams of all time.
1) Doom (Ron Simmons and Butch Reed)- Just two badass black dudes. Â I remember when we were kids my brother really liked them too but I don’t know if he would remember that now.
2) Edge and Christian- Not only two of the funniest heel characters ever but they (along with the Hardy Boys and the Dudley Boys) revolutionized the ladder match when it was reborn as the Tables, Ladders and Chairs match.
3) The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk)- The face paint. The shoulder pads. Â The Doomsday Device. Â “Ohhhh, what a rush!”. Â The total package.
4) The Bushwhackers (Butch and Luke)- A really silly gimmick that made me laugh every time.
5) The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty)- The two high flying guys who made every match they were in exciting to watch.
Worth Mentioning: The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, The Hardy Boys, The Dudley Boys, Cactus Jack and Mikey Whipwreck, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, The Rock N’ Sock Connection, The Holly Cousins, The New Age Outlaws, Goldust and Booker T, Harlem Heat, Raven and Saturn, Demolition, The Natural Disasters, The Headshrinkers, Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson, Danny Doring and Roadkill, Kaientai, Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff, Money Inc., Owen Hart and Jeff Jarrett, The Quebeccers, The Godwinns.