I watched the new full-length trailer for the new season of Doctor Who and it’s got me very excited. Â It looks like the brilliance of the most recent season is on track to be repeated. Particularly the line where a scary voice says, “Fear me, I’ve killed hundreds of Time Lords.” Â And the Doctor says, “Fear me, I killed them all.” Â Chilling. And a very important part of the character’s backstory. Â My personal theory is that they may bring back Gallifrey (the Doctor’s homeworld). Â But I’m probably wrong. Also very excited about The Doctor finding out who River Song really is. I suspect it will be a very interesting revelation.
So in addition to the Ewoks (who would have been better had they stayed Wookies as originally planned) there are a few things in Star Wars that bug me. Â As much as I LOVE Star Wars.
– Jar Jar Binks- First and most obvious was this super-annoying character. Who, if you think about it, was directly responsible for the fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire.
– Deleted scenes- From Luke and his friends on Tatooine to the wampas overrunning Hoth base to Luke constructing the green lightsaber, there is a wealth of shot and unused material.
-Skywalker- Â If they were hiding baby Luke from Darth Vader, why did they still give him the last name Skywalker? Â Vader WAS aware that his name used to be Skywalker. Â And if he got an inkling of a kid named Skywalker on Tatooine, he could have found him.
– Grand Moff Tarkin- Â I always wondered why Tarkin could get away with ordering Vader around. Â Shouldn’t Vader have Force Choked the life out of him? Â There were other Grand Moffs and I doubt they all got to sass off to Vader.
Right. No ideas save one and it’s a REALLY dorky one: Â My Star Trek Dream Crew!
Captain- Jean-Luc Picard (The Next Generation)
First Officer- T’Pol (Enterprise. Yes, I’ll often pick hot chicks just because)
Chief Engineer- Montgomery ‘Scotty’ Scott (The Original Series)
Chief Medical Officer- Leonard ‘Bones’ McCoy (TOS)
Nurse- Alyssa Ogawa (TNG)
Chief of Security- Tuvok (Voyager. Because black Vulcans are badass)
Science Officer- Spock (TOS)
Random Civilians on board (every show has them)- Nog, Quark and Rom (Deep Space Nine), Kes (Voyager)
Counselor- Deanna Troi (TNG)
Navigator- Hikaru Sulu (TOS)
Communications Officer- It’s a toss up between Uhura and Hoshi Sato but I’ll go with Hoshi (Enterprise)
Operations Officer- Worf (TNG and DS9)
- Advance Wars 3DS- Playing Advance wars on the GBA and DS made me love this series. Throw in some 3D maps and I’d buy this game in a heartbeat.
– Grand Theft Auto 5: London- They did London with one of the old top-down view games but now in the 3D generation I’d like to see a 60’s style crime-filled London GTA
– Actraiser 3- It was a good concept. A platformer/RPG hybrid. The problem was, it was too short. Give it a full upgrade and this game could be epic.
– Star Wars: Rebellion II- A real-time strategy game. Â If given the full 2011 treatment, it could waste hours of my life.
– Ultima: Quest of the Avatar II- The game based your starting character/class on a series of moral dilemmas. Â Again, an idea that could be great with next gen graphics. Â Take Fable’s choice based fantasy idea and apply it to a party of ten or more characters.
So after complaining that I was hearing way too much about Charlie Sheen lately, I watched a Charlie Sheen movie yesterday. Â Platoon. Because I had heard it was good and I hadn’t seen it. And it occurred to me while watching it that Charlie Sheen is actually a great actor, which just makes his descent into madness all the sadder. Â It got me thinking… so here are six movies that I really enjoyed Charlie Sheen in:
2) Hot Shots
3) Young Guns
4) Wall Street
5) Major League
6) Red Dawn
Plus he was in The Outsiders. Neat.