April 11, 2011
In honor of the impending release of Thor, here is a list of bizarre stuff from Marvel Comic’s Thor that will definitely not make the movie.
– Thor Frog- Yeah, he got turned in a giant frog, complete with armor and hammer.
– Beta Ray Bill- An alien with a horse-like face who proved himself worthy to hold the hammer of Thor and was later rewarded with his own magic hammer. Â Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of evildoers like the power of BILL THE ALIEN!
– Drago- A young Thor from the future, complete with bad temper and pseudo-spiky mid-90’s bad comic costume.
– The Thor Corps.- A short-lived team comprised variously of Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Drago and Thunderstrike (a guy who used to have the power of Thor and now has a not-as-good weapon)
– Asgardian Chicks- Loki (Thor’s evil half-brother) was transformed into a woman for a short while. Â And the weird thing is it isn’t even an original idea as Thor himself had been turned into a woman in the ‘Earth X’ series.
– The High Evolutionary- Apparently a major villain in the Marvel Universe for awhile. Except that he’s a scientist in pink armor whose power is… that he’s a REALLY good scientist!