I am about to watch one of my favorite shows in a minute (Big Bang Theory) so I thought I would make a list of my all time favorite spin-offs. Â Even though BBT is not a spin-off. This list doesn’t include shows that were started as continuations of other shows (ie Star Trek The Next Generation) or remake shows (Battlestar Galactica)
5. The Facts Of Life- Spun off from Different Strokes. This show spun George Clooney off into an acting career. Â So if you think about it, we have Gary Coleman to thank for George Clooney’s douchebaggery.
4. Angel- Spun off from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It took a little time to find it’s own voice but eventually became just as good as Buffy. Â In my opinion.
3. The Jeffersons- Spun off from All In The Family. Â My love of this show comes from my love of Sherman Helmsley. The guy just makes me laugh. I also loved him in Amen.
2. Family Matters- Spun off from Perfect Strangers (many people don’t know this). Â Yes it gave birth to Steve Urkel but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some good wholesome family fun. Â And Carl Winslow was the man.
1. Torchwood- Spun off from Doctor Who. A show that took a great character but went a whole different way with it. Love it.