My top 5,all time,desert island CD’s (assuming that the island had electricity and a CD player). Not counting greatest hits albums, because that takes away from the concept of identifying albums you think are really good.
– R.E.M.- “Automatic For The People”- It was my favorite album the day I first heard it and it remains so to this day.
– Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson- “Rattlin’ Bones”- While I would settle on any Kasey Chambers album for the desert island, I’d have to pick this one as my favorite.
– The Beatles- “Abbey Road”- Again, my favorite album by a band with tons of great albums.
– Veruca Salt- “Eight Arms To Hold You”- The band broke up and it was sad. But this album stands as a monument to their work. Like all the albums on this list, there isn’t a single song I this album that I don’t like.
– The Black Crowes- “Southern Harmony and Musical Companion”- A good band and their absolute best work.